Royal Family news: Meghan Markle ‘will eat Prince Harry alive’ – warning exposed in diary | Royal | News
Queen ‘rejected Philip’s plans for Sandringham’ says expert
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry quit their senior roles within the Royal Family at the end of March last year. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are currently living in Meghan’s home state of California, but in order to become financially independent, Harry was forced to make huge sacrifices and cut his official ties within his beloved Armed Forces.
The couple announced their engagement on November 28, 2017, and conducted a sit down interview to tell the world their exciting news.
Reflecting on the special moment, a political insider claims the interview showed Meghan would “eat Harry for breakfast” and compared watching the couple to an episode of the Netflix drama The Crown.
In an entry in her book on the same day, titled Diary of an MP’s Wife – Inside and Outside Power, Sasha Swire, wife of Hugo Swire, described how she felt.
She wrote: “Prince Harry has announced his engagement to actress Meghan Markle. Times are a-changing. Even the monarchy has gone celebrity-obsessed.
Royal Family live: Meghan and Harry are currently living in LA
Royal Family live: The Queen is the longest reigning monarch
“The interview with them was like watching an episode of The Crown. I came away humming, ‘there will be trouble ahead’. She is eating the redhead for breakfast; almost elbowing him out of shot.
“He is clearly not as clever as she is. At one point he becomes agitated, as if he is thinking she is trying to steal the limelight: ‘I think that question was directed at me!’”
The revelation comes as a banned documentary featuring the Queen and senior members of the Royal Family mysteriously resurfaced online more than 50 years after it was created.
The controversial 1969 film titled “Royal Family”, which has not been re-broadcast in many years at the Palace’s request, was recently uploaded onto YouTube before being quickly removed.
Royal Family live: The line of succession to the throne
The 90-minute video documents a year in the life of the royals and has been locked away from public broadcast after it was deemed to be too intrusive.
The documentary produced by the BBC and ITV provided a never-before-seen look into royal life and even shows the Queen’s children at school – including Prince Edward.
More than 40 hours of remarkable footage was also taken from the Queen’s residence in Sandringham, Balmoral, Buckingham Palace, Windsor and Holyrood.
The film shot was shot in 1969 and was also the year Charles became the Prince of Wales.
Express.co.uk has contacted Buckingham Palace for comment.
Follow Express.co.uk for live Royal Family updates:
12am update: Sophie Wessex and Queen’s ‘new favourite’ grandson to step into limelight after Megxit
THE QUEEN’s ‘favourite grandson’ is being tipped to step into the spotlight after Megxit.
James, Viscount Severn, is said to be the Queen’s favourite grandson, according to an inside source.
James, 13-years-old and born in Surrey in 2007, made an official appearance in September as part of the Great British Beach Clean at Southsea Beach, in support of the Marine Conservation Society.
His title, Viscount Severn, refers to his Welsh roots via the River Severn. But when Edward and Sophie married, Buckingham Palace said the children would be titled as children of an earl instead of a prince.
Additonal reporting from Laura O’Callaghan
10.22pm update: Royal Family ‘back to same old’ without Meghan Markle as Duchess had ‘been what’s missing’
Meghan Markle’s exit from the Firm has placed the Royal Family into a situation of “same old, same old”, a royal commentator has said – in response to claims the Duchess of Sussex was responsible for “bringing some life” into the institution.
Her decision to step down from her senior position in the monarchy has meant it’s “back to the same old” with the Royal Family, a royal commentator has claimed.
The Duchess of Sussex’s positive impact on the British royals had been analysed by Sean Smith, the author of ‘Meghan Misunderstood’.
Us Weekly Royally Us podcast hosts Molly Mulshine and Christina Garibaldi discussed the biographer’s comments.
Ms Garibaldi told listeners: “He said that Meghan brought some life into the monarchy and brought something that’s been missing for a long time.
9.15pm update: King Charles will have to wait! Queen Elizabeth has no plans to step down – ‘She is well!’
Prince Charles may have a lengthy wait ahead of him before ascending the throne as the Queen remains “in good fettle”, according to an insider.
The monarch reign will reach 69 years in February and in April she will celebrate her 95th birthday.
Having spent most of the past year in Windsor Castle due to Covid restrictions, the Queen is now looking to the future after receiving the first dose of a coronavirus vaccine.
And it seems she remains in good health and strong spirits despite the raging pandemic.
An insider said: “Neither her physical nor her mental health are waning.”
The Queen’s ‘luxurious lifestyle’ has come under scrutiny
Prince Charles’ bizarre dinner etiquette left fellow diner floundering with royal rules
8.29pm update: Queen’s ‘luxurious lifestyle’ exposed as royal funding branded ‘nothing short of disgrace’
The Queen has been told the amount of money spent on the Royal Family is “nothing short of a disgrace” by the CEO of Republic.
Graham Smith told Express.co.uk the UK could employ a further 15,000 nurses or police officers with the amount used to fund the Royal Family. During a brutal attack on the royals, the Republic CEO branded the cash spent of the Firm was “nothing short of a disgrace”.
Republic is an organisation that campaigns for Queen Elizabeth II to be replaced by a democratic, elected head of state and the monarchy to be abolished.
Mr Smith said: “The royals feel their status requires a palatial home.”
7.03pm update: Prince Charles’ bizarre dinner etiquette left fellow diner floundering with royal rules
Prince Charles’ requirements for being seated next to him during an official dinner have been revealed by a fellow diner who spoke about her experience trying to follow royal etiquette.
A star of Netflix’s new reality series, ‘Bling Empire’, has opened up about what it was like to eat dinner with Prince Charles.
Christine Chiu, a longtime supporter of The Prince’s Foundation, shared her “fascinating” experience of being seated directly next to the Prince of Wales.
She also spoke to Us Weekly’s Royally Us podcast about her “admiration” for the future king.
The Netflix star told listeners: “I was told about 10 minutes prior to the dinner that I would be seated next to him, which is such a great honour.
“But there is a lot of etiquette that goes with it.
“So I had to do a crash course of the etiquette rules.
“There are certain times when he stands up and you have to stand up, or he leaves first.”
Kate and William’s ‘awkward’ reaction after ‘brutal’ Prince Andrew joke went ‘too far’
6.14pm update: Kate and William’s ‘awkward’ reaction after ‘brutal’ Prince Andrew joke went ‘too far’
Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince William were left looking supremely “awkward” after an American comedian appeared to take joking around “a little too far” by referencing Prince Andrew and Prince Harry.
Kate and William’s five-year streak attending the BAFTAs may come to an end this year after the British film award show was pushed back from February to April.
Royally Obsessed podcast hosts Roberta Fiorito and Rachel Bowie discussed the Duke and Duchess’ attendance of last year’s Royal Albert Hall ceremony, in which they suffered a lot of jokes at their expense.
One particular quip about Prince Andrew and Prince Harry seemed to leave the couple feeling “awkward”, according to the commentators.
American comedian Rebel Wilson had said on stage: “It is really great to be here at the Royal Andrew, no, Royal Harry, no sorry, Royal Philip…Royal Palace place.”
5.08pm update: Meghan breaks silence on secret ‘support’ network as Duchess faces ‘personal tribulations’
Meghan Markle has opened up on the kind of “support” she receives from her beloved pets.
Animal lover Meghan has confessed her pets Guy and Pula have provided her with vital support, especially during a year filled with concerns for the ongoing pandemic and “the personal trials and tribulations” she has gone through, the CEO of one of her patronages has revealed.
Caroline Yates, who leads animal welfare charity Mayhew, cast a light on the relationship Meghan has kept with her beloved patronage following her move to the US.
After revealing the Duchess of Sussex remains regularly in touch with Mayhew, Ms Yates spoke about a recurring theme in their conversations.
She told Hello! magazine: “Whenever we talk to the Duchess about the charity, she always references how important her dogs are and what a support they are, particularly during everything that’s happened this year, with Covid, and with the personal trials and tribulations she went through this year.
“It was really nice to share our experiences with her about how important animals are when things are tough and what a comfort they can be.”
Meghan Markle has revealed she receives great ‘support’ from her pets
4.15pm update: Prince Harry is ‘very invested’ in America as Duke of Sussex backed to become US citizen
Prince Harry is “very invested” in American culture and politics, according to a royal commentator, as the Duke of Sussex was backed to become a US citizen in the future.
During the Royally Obsessed podcast, Rachel Bowie and Roberta Fiorito discussed the possibility of Prince Harry becoming a US citizen.
Ms Bowie highlighted the fact the Duke of Sussex’s mother Princess Diana talked about moving to New York and stated that Prince Harry is following in her footsteps.
Ms Bowie said: “He is very invested in American culture, politics and values.”
3.07pm update: Princess Eugenie moved out of Frogmore ‘to spend time with Fergie in pregnancy’
Princess Eugenie moved out of Frogmore Cottage after just six weeks living there, sparking wild speculation as to the reason behind this but one royal expert has claimed she simply wanted to spend more time with her mother Sarah Ferguson while she was pregnant.
Eugenie, who is pregnant with her first child and due in early 2021, may have wanted to spend this time with her parents so they can help her during the later stages of her pregnancy.
Daily Mirror royal editor Russell Myers said: “A couple of people I spoke to this week just said, ‘Listen, they spent some period of lockdown into the summer at The Royal Lodge with Fergie and Andrew and they just really really liked it.’
“I mean, Royal Lodge is quite big and it’s a very nice, swanky abode.
“Fergie loves being with the daughters and their spouses and they all had quite a lot of fun.”
2.10pm update: Camilla opens up on ‘wonderful opportunity’ during lockdown for her favourite hobby
Camilla has opened up on how lockdown was a “wonderful opportunity” for one of her favourite hobbies – reading.
The Duchess of Cornwall, 73, revealed she saved up all the books she had wanted to read and got started on them.
Camilla also hailed a “renaissance of reading” during the pandemic with rising book sales.
In a video posted on Instagram, Camilla said: “I think it’s a sort of renaissance of reading, really.
“You know, whatever other awful things came out of lockdown I think reading has come out extremely well and I think it’s revived and we just want to keep that going.”
Royal Family live: Sophie and Prince Edward spoke with Scottish associations
12.45pm update: Sophie Wessex and Prince Edward hold special event after honorary title awarded by Queen
Sophie, Countess of Wessex, and Prince Edward paid a virtual visit to Scottish organisations in the midst of the third national lockdown.
Sophie and Prince Edward caught up with Scottish frontline services, volunteers and businesses on the week Scotland celebrates Burns Night.
The Countess and Earl reached out to various organisations including Police Scotland, Angus Council and Voluntary Action Angus.
12.15pm update: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘lagging behind’ as social media boycott backfires
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry plan to stop using social media has backfired as two royal experts highlight a key problem with this approach.
Duke and Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have reportedly boycotted social media.
Royal experts Roberta Fiorito and Rachel Bowie claimed the Sussexes were “damned if they do and damned if they don’t”.
Ms Fiorito said: “It lags a little behind, so these rumours of them not being on social media anymore, that was a couple of weeks ago.
“It takes some time for them to kind of catch up to what everyone is talking about because they are going through these channels that aren’t instant.
“Their podcast, it takes time to record that, they could put out statements through their press team but it seems like they are doing less and less of that.”
11.10am update: Queen health update: Insider breaks cover on monarch’s wellbeing in rare intervention
The Queen is “in good fettle” as she continues to self-isolate at Windsor Castle with her husband Prince Philip, according to a source.
The Queen remains in good health during the third national lockdown, a source has claimed.
In fact, the lockdown may have given the monarch a rare chance to rest after decades of whirlwind royal duties, given all her engagements need to be carried out remotely for the time being.
A source told People magazine: “It is possible this is the only slight rest she’s ever had in her whole life.
“She is well. She’s in good fettle.”
10.25am update: Prince Harry warning: Duke of Sussex told to back down on ‘unnecessary’ US meddling
Prince Harry has been warned over interfering in issues in the US that “don’t need his involvement” after he lashed out at social media giants for spreading “misinformation”.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have made a name for themselves across the Atlantic over the past year by speaking out about causes close to their heart.
In a clear move away from royal tradition of staying neutral, Harry even urged US voters to “reject hate speech” in a swipe at former US President Donald Trump just before the November election.
Last weekend, he also shared how the couple had faced the “the mothership for all of the harassment” before they quit reportedly social media to focus on their new Archewell Audio brand.
Meghan Markle and Harry: Expert discusses political comments
9.45am update: Princess Eugenie’s child will live outside royal fold and ‘follow Archie precedent’
Princess Eugenie’s child will grow up away from the Royal Family in a role which will likely echo Archie Harrison’s new life, reports suggest.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle rejected any titles for their son Archie when he was born.
This was a surprising move, but is expected to be replicated by Princess Eugenie when her firstborn arrives.
Eugenie is a blood princess, meaning she was born with her title as HRH Princess Eugenie of York because she is the daughter of one of the Queen’s sons.
9.10am update: Queen appears to break royal protocol in unearthed documentary
The Queen has appeared to break royal protocol in a banned documentary about the Royal Family.
Footage of a 1969 film titled “Royal Family” has resurfaced online and documents a year in the life of the most famous family on the planet.
In one adorable scene, the Queen and Prince Edward go to a shop near Balmoral and her Majesty hands her son money to buy some sweets – members of the royal family very rarely carry any currency when out.
Royal Historian Marlene Koenig said: “Perhaps the sweetest of all scenes was when The Queen was in a shop near Balmoral with Prince Edward and she lets him buy lollies.
“The most surprising of this is she opens her handbag and takes out money to pay for the lollipops. The Queen normally doesn’t carry money.”
Royal Family live: An extended family tree
8.30am update: Banned royal documentary defended by expert – ‘Don’t see anything wrong’
There is nothing wrong about showing a banned documentary about the Royal Family filmed in 1969, according to royal historian.
Footage of a film titled “Royal Family” has surfaced online, showing a year in the life of the most famous family on the planet.
The 90-minute video was uploaded onto YouTube before being taken down and has been hidden away from public viewing for decades.
Historian Marlene Koenig said: “I don’t see anything wrong with this documentary.
“It’s very much like the more recent documentaries following The Queen for a year with one major difference.
“The other two documentaries broadcast for Her Majesty’s Ruby and Diamond Jubilees were focused on her role as the sovereign and her duties – with little focus on her family or family life.
“I think the purpose of the 1969 documentary was to show that The Queen and Prince Philip were parents with children, teenagers and young ones. I find the scene with Prince Edward learning how to read to be particularly charming.”
Royal Family live: The royals can be seen having dinner during a documentary
8.10am update: Victoria is the bookies’ favourite for the name of Eugenie’s first child
Victoria is the bookies’ new favourite for the name of Princess Eugenie’s baby.
The Queen’s granddaughter is expecting her first child with husband Jack Brooksbank.
Coral has given the regal name – which is one of the princess’ middle names – odds of 3-1.
Arthur in second place at 5-1, followed by Oliver and Mary both at 6-1, while Edward and Lily are 8-1.
8.00am: Royals pictured having a meal together in banned documentary
A banned documentary of the Royal Family has resurfaced online and in one scene the royals can be seen having a meal together.
In a clip of the 1969 film titled “Royal Family”, the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Princess Anne can be seen eating and talking while seated at a round dinner table.