Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi lead the way with Robert Lewandowski chasing ahead of last-16 ties
The Champions League returns this week as the last 16 ties commence and football fans around the world will hope Europe’s best continue to fire in the goals.
There are some thrilling ties coming up including Barcelona vs Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea.
Some of the Champions League’s all-time greats are still in this season’s tournament and will be looking to lead their teams into the next round.
Robert Lewandowski helped Bayern Munich clinch European glory last season and will be out to add to his UCL goals record when they take on Lazio in the last 16.
Lionel Messi, who now has 118 Champions League goals in his remarkable career, could face old team-mate Neymar as under-fire Barca face PSG.
And Messi’s great rival Cristiano Ronaldo, who tops the all-time scoring charts, will be heading back to his homeland as Juventus face Porto.
Ahead of those big ties, talkSPORT.com gives you the run down of where the current stars sit among the top ten Champions League scorers.
10. Filippo Inzaghi (Juventus, AC Milan) – 46 goals
9. Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich) – 47
8= Andriy Shevchenko (Dynamo Kyiv, AC Milan, Chelsea) – 48
8= Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona, AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United) – 48
7. Thierry Henry (Monaco, Arsenal, Barcelona) – 50
6. Ruud van Nistelrooy (PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, Real Madrid) – 56
5. Karim Benzema (Lyon, Real Madrid) – 69
3= Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich) – 71
3= Raul (Real Madrid, Schalke) – 71
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 118
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus) – 134