Armie Hammer will no longer star in making of The Godfather drama series after ‘cannibal’ sex texts scandal
ARMIE Hammer will no longer star in the making of The Godfather drama series.
The exit comes after the 34-year-old actor’s “cannibal” sex texts scandal.
Variety broke the news on Thursday that the controversial actor was dropped from the series, which is titled The Offer and is set to air on Paramount Plus.
Armie’s attachment to the project was announced in December, as he was set to star as the lead role of Al Ruddy.
The 10 episode series will follow Al- who produced The Godfather in 1972- as he works on the legendary film.
The outlet reported that the show is now searching for its new lead.
The actor’s exit comes after alleged disturbing messages leaked, as the House of Effie Instagram account posted multiple screenshots from a woman claiming that Armie’s intense sexual tendencies were indeed real.
One screenshot allegedly from the actor to the woman in question said that she would “live and obey” to be his slave.
“I will own you. That’s my soul. My brain. My spirit. My body. Would you come to be my property til you die?” one message wrote.
“If I wanted to cut off one of your toes and keep it with me in my pocket so I always had a piece of you in my possession?”
Many women have since come forward to state that the texts were real, including Armie’s ex Paige Lorenze.
Alongside a screenshot of DMs that explained he was sending nude photos of her “tied up,” Paige claimed on Twitter: “AH sharing photos of me I didn’t even know existed with people online, without my permission or knowledge. Disgusting, violating and quite frankly unacceptable.”
The 22-year-old model said she had a four-month relationship with Armie last year.
Before the bombshell tweet, Paige spoke exclusively to The Sun about how Armie allegedly kept mannequins in his basement to practice tying up women and talked about wanting to strangle his dog.
Armie, who previously bragged about his drug use, is currently holed up in the Cayman Islands as his divorce from ex, Elizabeth Chambers, goes through the courts in LA.
They are currently battling for custody of their two young children.
Influencers face being stranded in Dubai as flights to UK suspended TOMORROW
Devastated Billie Faiers pulls out of Dancing On Ice after her beloved gran dies
Katie Price’s son Harvey’s joy after learning he’ll be rail station announcer
‘i believe in you’
Ashley Cain is ‘living worst nightmare’ as his baby fights leukaemia
Jason Donovan’s company only had £4k in the bank before Dancing On Ice
Love Island’s Olivia Bowen shares graphic photos of psoriasis battle
The Offer is not the only project the actor has been dropped from, as he was also let go from Jennifer Lopez’s Lionsgate’s film Shogun Wedding earlier this month.
After the alleged messages went viral, a source told The Sun that Jennifer, 51, wanted Armie out of Shotgun Wedding.
Lionsgate seemed to be on the same page and they announced Armie would no longer be involved in the film.
“Given the imminent start date of Shotgun Wedding, Armie has requested to step away from the film and we support him in his decision,” a spokesperson for the production company said.